Saturday, April 28, 2012

5 Makeup Essentials I Can't Live Without


1.) Foundation: I cannot live without my foundation...right now I have been using Maybelline Age Rewind. No, I don't need to rewind my age; however, I love that this product has Goji Berry+Collagen in it, its SPF 18 (which is amazing), and it covers really well!! I use 120 creamy ivory. One downside is that the spongy applicator that is attached can get really icky easily and sometimes it feels streaky when I'm applying, but it blends very well.



2.) Powder: I love using a pressed powder to set on my foundation. To me foundation can feel a little ''sticky'', so for me using a pressed powder helps reduce that ''stickiness'' and also gives my face a softer look. Of course we all know this already...so moving on...I am recently using the REVLON Colorstay in light/medium. I do like this powder, it does seem to cover and set well with my foundation. A downside is that it smells a little odd..but other than that I'm liking it so far. =]



3.) Eyeliner: I can go without eyeliner on some days, but i don't like to. I just feel ''naked'' without it. I have been using the L'OREAL Voluminous Eyeliner marker in black. I am absolutely loving this eyeliner. You can create a bold look or soften it up and create a thinner look. The tip of this eyeliner is at an angled so that you can go thick or thin. I highly recommend this eyeliner. At first, i had a little trouble using it, but after a little practice, it's easy to use and it stays on long.



4.) Mascara: OK so I do have long eyelashes, but they aren't too thick..so i am always using mascara. Even if i don't wear eyeliner. I have been using the L'OREAL False Lashes Mascara. I love this mascara, however it doesn't make my lashes as thick as i would like. I use it in blackest. This product really lengthens your eyelashes. It is a great product, but i think I'll be trying another mascara once i run out of this one.




5.) Lipstick: I have never been into lipstick as much as i have been recently. Right now i am LOVING the Maybelline Baby Lips lip butter/balm. This lip balm is amazing. It feels so smooth on your lips and leaves them hydrated. I'm always reapplying all day long..I just love it. I use the Pink Punch and the Peach Kiss. I sometimes will use the Pink Punch color first then put a coat of Peach Kiss. It helps make more of a pink/nude color on my lips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment